0. Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.
1. Celebrity damages private life.
2. Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves.
3. If you are not on the web, you will have problems accessing services.
4. You affect the world by what you browse.
5. Things can change so fast on the internet.
6. It's difficult to imagine the power that you're going to have when so many different sorts of data are available.
7. That idea of URL was the basic clue to the universality of the Web. That was the only thing I insisted upon.
8. The Domain Name Server (DNS) is the Achilles heel of the Web. The important thing is that it's managed responsibly.
9. The important thing is the diversity available on the Web.
10. Innovation is serendipity, so you don't know what people will make.
11. The most important thing that was new was the idea of URI-or URL, that any piece of information anywhere should have an identifier, which will allow you to get hold of it.
12. The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.
13. The Web does not just connect machines, it connects people.
14. The web is more a social creation than a technical one. I designed it for a social effect - to help people work together - and not as a technical toy.
15. The Web as I envisaged it, we have not seen it yet. The future is still so much bigger than the past.
16. When I invented the Web, I didn't have to ask anyone's permission. Now, hundreds of millions of people are using it freely. I am worried that that is going end in the USA.
17. I invented the web just because I needed it really because it was so frustrating that it didn't exit.
18. We need diversity of thought in the world to face the new challenges.
19. When you understand things, there's no more magic.
20. Physicists analyze systems. Web scientists, however, can create the systems.
21. The Mobile Web Initiative is important - information must be made seamlessly available on any device.
22. I hope we will use the Net to cross barriers and connect cultures.
23. My own personal preference is that the consumer, the individual person should be protected because individual people and the difference between individual people and the diversity we have between people on the planet is so important.
24. It was the academic community who wired up their universities so it was put together by smart, well-meaning people who thought it was a good idea.
25. It is the the duty of a Webmaster to allocate URIs which you will be able to stand by in 2 years, in 20 years, in 200 years.
26. The ultimate goal of the Web is to support and improve our weblike existence in the world. We clump into families, associations, and companies.
27. Now, if someone tries to monopolize the Web, for example pushes proprietary variations on network protocols, then that would make me unhappy.
28. I don't mind being, in the public context, referred to as the inventor of the World Wide Web. What I like is that image to be separate from private life, because celebrity damages private life.